It is the beginning of the new year and we need to refocus and set new goals and stick to them. Progress is impossible without making important decisions and committing to them. We all want our lives to get better. It is therefore necessary to do the necessary things, so that we can achieve our goals for the year. Below are some tips that may be beneficial to African men globally.
1. Pursue something. Don’t walk in the entire 365 days without having something particular in mind to achieve. Start a building project, buy a car, pay some school fees, start some job. Just do something. Don’t be idle. Anything you do well in life can take you to the top. All you have to do is to be original.
2. Move with people wiser, smarter, and stronger than you. The people you move with, to some extent, determine the kind of person you will become. In 2020, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, who will make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you positively and make your life better, too.
3. Review your dressing or appearance. Don’t put on anything just because it covers your nakedness. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your dress neatly. Don’t wear dresses in the name of fashion or trend. Wear more decent but fitting dresses. Be simple but classy.
4. Don’t speak anyhow. Before you open your mouth, be minded of who you are talking to, where you are talking, when you are talking and also know that your integrity is at stake. In every situation, choose silence over speech unless you don’t have any option.
5. Don’t live without God. Pray to God and believe in Him. You can’t live your life thinking things occur merely logically. There’s a Supreme Being who makes things happen. Pray to Him.
6. Understand your value. Don’t beg anyone to stay in your life. Create space for people who matter and keep your circle small. Accept what cannot be changed. No matter what happens, be positive. Give time to yourself and take care of yourself.
7. Value your family. Buy gifts for your loved ones. Do something for your parents, no matter how small. You have no idea what goes on in their minds. Let them feel you are not far off. Remember that a time comes when you will be like them.
8. Invest more, save less, spend less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy goods and sell. Import some goods and sell. Be a stock broker. The world is about finding somei to sell. If you have nothing to sell, you will be sold. Don’t just keep buying things. Find something to sell, too.
9. Don’t work your life out. Even God rested after creating the world. You won’t take your work with you when you die. You are not as important as you think. Calm down. Take time off work. Go for medical check-ups. Visit your family. Visit gardens and beaches and appreciate nature. Your body will thank you for it. Loosen up.